I am a mature student at the University of Cumbria studying in my final year for a degree in Wildlife & Media. If you can help me in any way with this project then please make contact, either by e-mail at dansencier@yahoo.co.uk or on 07731 758774.

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Cumbria Wildlife Trust...


I used to work for a living but I've never been this busy before! Monday saw me down at the HQ of the Cumbria Wildlife Trust, where I filmed and interviewed Mike, their Juniper expert. 
I showed him some of the vast amount of research that I'd picked up along the way and told him about some of the wonderfully helpful people I'd met. He gave a great detailed account of the 'Uplands for Junipers' project and a real insight into what he hoped to achieve in the coming years. My focus was suddenly back on Juniper after talking non stop gunpowder mills for the past month.

My letter went in the 'Westy' this week, and I've had three more contacts that I need to follow up, including a gentleman called Bill who lives in Arnside, who I am about to call now…

… and yes, I'm meeting at 1pm on Tuesday next.

After that I really need to hibernate for a few months and go through all the stuff that I've gathered.
But before then, on the 6th December I am off up to Lingmoor Fell, above Little Langdale, to film and interview some of the people who volunteer to plant Junipers. The best thing in doing an outdoor degree is that you get to see some amazingly beautiful places, but on the down side you spend a lot of the time back in the attic room writing about it!

Here's a link to something I heard on BBC Radio Cumbria this morning, it's only a few minutes long but worth a listen. So many people are involved in these great projects, so please get in touch if you'd like to join in.

If you don't see a blog posting for a little while then don't worry, I'm still here, just editing a lot of film, photos, soundtracks and scripts.

Contact me by e-mail at dansencier@yahoo.co.uk or on 07731 758774 and it'll be a pleasure to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment